Most people think of mobile phones as something that only tech geeks can know about. However, as you learn about them, you will find out that it is not that much of a rocket science. If you are looking for a mobile phone or just want to know more about them, you can stick around to find out more about this subject.
- When you look for a mobile phone, check out different brands. Make sure to read all the technical characteristics of the phones. Some brands may offer cheaper phones with the same characteristics as the more expensive ones. Sometimes telecom operators also offer great phones in return for a contract to use their services for a certain time. Just read the conditions of the contract to be sure that it won’t end up being more expensive in the long run.
- When buying a cellphone, pay attention to the warranty. Most of the times shops offer extended warranties for an added price, but they are not worth having. The reason is that you will always get a one-year free warranty, and mobile phones typically fail within the first year of using. Therefore, if your mobile phone has a problem, it is more likely to appear during the first year. You can return or repair it for free then.
- When you have already purchased the phone, try to limit the number of videos you watch. It consumes all of the internet data that you get monthly. If you like watching YouTube videos a lot throughout the day, you may want to get an unlimited package of Internet from your telecom operator.
- If you accidentally got your phone wet, don’t panic and decide that it is broken. You can just wipe the water off, take the battery and put the phone into a bowl full of rice. The rice absorbs water from parts that you can’t rich, thus saving the essential parts of the phone from corrosion.
Keep Your Mobile Phone Safe
- If you are planning to use your mobile phone for a long time, consider buying insurance. It can save you a lot of money in the long run. If your phone is broken, stolen or damaged, most of the time you won’t be able to use it anymore. However, the insurance will either repair the phone for free or cover the costs. Sometimes insurances also give their clients discounts for phones.
- If you are a newbie to the world of smartphones or want to shift between iOS or Android, you need to establish what your real needs are. Not everyone needs all of the fancy new features that mobile brands offer, so they can get away with a much simpler phone. Knowing what you actually need can save you a lot of money.
- If you are concerned about mobile phone radiation, you can use a headset instead of holding your phone to your ear. Every mobile phone now comes with a headphone as standard. However, sometimes you may need to have the second one if you like driving with headphones.
Keep Your Mobile Updated
- To stay up-to-date with the newest technologies, you’ll need to buy a new phone once every 2-3 years. Many websites or apps are configured to work best with the latest operating systems. If your device is older, you may have difficulties when using it.
- It might seem like common sense, but turning off your phone for most of the time you’re not using will extend the battery life. If you’re not expecting to receive calls while you’re asleep, you can turn your phone off. It will let the battery rest for 8 hours, which will make it work more efficiently. Additionally, if you’re in an area with no coverage, your phone looks for cellular connection which drains the battery quickly. In this case you can also turn off your phone or at least put it in the “Airplane” mode to save the battery.
- If you don’t need a mobile phone with Internet connectivity, you can look for cheaper models. Also make sure to get prepaid mobile services, because you’re going to pay a lot less without Internet connectivity.
- If you are looking for the best deals for telecom operators, it is good to switch them sometimes. Carriers frequently offer the best deals to new customers or even pay fees for ending contracts with their older providers. Such information is available on their shops or websites, so you can check it easily.
- Don’t text while driving. While you may be tempted to send a quick text to a friend, it is very dangerous. Wait until the vehicle is fully stopped. This will assure that you pay full attention to the road. Every year thousands of accidents happen because of using phones while driving.
Use VoIP Services
If you use voice calls too often, think about using VoIP services like Skype, Viber, WhatsApp or others. You can use a very little of your data plan if you only make voice calls. Instead of paying a lot for your mobile minutes, you can just get a good plan with Internet and that will do everything for you. This is pretty smart if you talk on the phone a lot during the month.
Once you have a good understanding of mobile phones, you will succeed in that sphere. Learning more about mobile phones and telecom operator plans will help you choose the best deals and options for you. Mobile phones are crucial today for every person, so knowing more about them will come handy anytime.