SMS Firewall Engineer
Join us in creating the most personalized cloud communications solutions worldwide together!
Why Dexatel: Founded in 2015, Dexatel is an employee-owned company devoted to providing businesses with the tools they need to connect with their customers. As a leader in CPaaS, we provide omnichannel communications solutions to clients like TikTok and Alibaba. We empower businesses to build and deploy scalable communication solutions tailored to their specific needs, ensuring enhanced customer satisfaction and increased operational efficiency. Our culture is based on caring for our clients and prioritizing their business outcomes.
Our mission is to provide a personalized and individual experience to every customer.
Why this role matters: You will be responsible for the development and implementation of necessary strategies to prevent fraud SMS traffic. To ensure the best result you will need the use of all available analytics techniques like CDR analysis, MNO Traffic Analysis, Testing Result Analysis etc.
What we expect from you:
- Commitment. Take responsibility through both personal engagement and teamwork to deliver the highest quality results.
- Integrity. Behave respectfully and morally, comply with industry and corporate principles to ensure top-level security and sustainable growth.
- Progress. Build on our pioneering expertise, take learnings, and drive the change to be ahead in a fast-evolving world.
What you will do:
- Provide clarification of the network structure, propose solutions for messaging traffic monetization;
- Prepare technical solutions that fit MNO’s requirements and needed functionality for a successful project launch;
- Plan and coordinate projects for installing and setting up service platforms and delivering services for traffic control on the MNO network;
- Develop measures aimed at increasing the reliability of service platforms and improving the quality-of-service provision for MNOs;
- Develop tools for controlling the performance of service platforms, as well as analyzing and eliminating the identified defects in service platforms operation;
- Interact with equipment suppliers on the issues of a full cycle of installation, maintenance, repair and renewal of service platforms hardware and software;
- Participate in preparation, presentation, planning, development, and coordination of the new FW platforms;
- Monitor firewall system and SMS-traffic volumes and routes;
- Work on Linux and databases for traffic analysis, scripting, and tasks automation;
- Continuous update of blocking rules for SMPP, OMO, On-net and international routes;
- Offer solutions for different grey route bypass cases;
- Generate periodic reporting based on the performance results, prepare reports to company management;
- Provide status and kick-off meetings with customers helping them troubleshoot issues they encounter and provide actionable tips to resolve problems;
- Support different internal teams in the Firewall/Network due diligence of new customers;
- Perform network testing to identify potential traffic leakages.
What you will bring:
- Experience of at least 6 years in any Telecommunication or IT Service-related industry;
- Experience in Automation of different processes/reports in the organization;
- Skills of working with monitoring systems of quality and quantity indicators of telecommunication equipment and network infrastructure;
- Skills of working with UNIX, FreeBSD OS;
- Skills of working with PHP/Python/bash/SQL;
- Advanced knowledge of English language;
- Understanding of cloud platforms, such as Azure, IBM, and Google;
- Computer-literacy: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Visio;
- Knowledge of telecommunication, internet technologies; Cloud based Services, Call flows etc;
- Understanding A2P SMS business;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage project delivery;
- Excellent report-writing and presentation skills;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
Dexatel is now one of the leading omnichannel solutions providers in the cloud communications industry. Our client portfolio consists of over 800 clients and operators, including 300 major ones. Our list of celebrity partners includes Google, Viber, Deutsche Telekom, China Telecom, Vodafone, T-Mobile, Orange Spain, Orange Poland, CenturyLink, Cellcom and SAP.
We succeed not only by displaying high-quality standards, but also by creating an inspiring atmosphere in the workplace. Our work environment is based on tolerance, equality and non-discrimination. We provide everyone with the opportunity for self-development and progress.
All interested and qualified candidates are welcome to send their CV to [email protected] indicating the position title (“SMS Firewall Engineer”) in the subject line of the email or just submit your application below.